Persevering Through a Soular Eclipse Part 1
Questions for Consideration in Family Worship
- To whom has Psalm 22 been important throughout church history?
- What nickname has been assigned to Psalm 22 by many throughout church history?
- What specific event in David's life forms the setting of this Psalm?
- Why does David seem so confused by the feeling of being abandoned by God?
- Had God actually abandoned David? Why or why not?
- Had David completely lost his faith in God? Why or why not?
- What does David intersperse in between his cries for help?
- How does a knowledge of God's attributes help us during times of trial and suffering?
- Name some of the attributes, or characteristics, of God that David calls attention to in this Psalm.
- How might these attributes be particularly comforting during periods of suffering?
- How does the fact that Jesus cried out the opening verse of this Psalm help us to see Him as a sympathetic high priest?